Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default interpolation

I need to interpolate results from an experiment. What a simple way to do it?
Here is the data I need to interpolate. (EX: 1.3439 and 1.3495 in intervals
of .05. Thank you
1.3439 10
1.3495 15
1.3552 20
1.3609 25
1.3666 30
1.3721 35
1.3777 40
1.3831 45
1.3885 50
1.3936 55
1.3986 60
1.4034 65
1.4083 70
1.4127 75
1.4169 80
1.4328 100

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You'll need to be clearer as to what you want to achieve.

If you want to interpolate to an x value of E2, for known y values of B2:B2
and corresponding x values of A2:A3, the formula is
=FORECAST(E2,B2:B3,A2:A3)
--
David Biddulph

"serching table" wrote in message
I need to interpolate results from an experiment. What a simple way to do
it?
Here is the data I need to interpolate. (EX: 1.3439 and 1.3495 in
intervals
of .05. Thank you
1.3439 10
1.3495 15
1.3552 20
1.3609 25
1.3666 30
1.3721 35
1.3777 40
1.3831 45
1.3885 50
1.3936 55
1.3986 60
1.4034 65
1.4083 70
1.4127 75
1.4169 80
1.4328 100

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Try this, with your data in cells A1 to B16, put this in D1
=PERCENTILE(B1:B16,PERCENTRANK(A1:A16,C1,300))
Now input a value into C1 say 1.35 and D1 will return the
corresponding value interpolated from column B. If you reverse
the ranges it will reverse the return.

Please note that this approach will only work when both series
are in ascending order. If your data is fluctuating then you will
need to take a different approach.

HTH
Martin

"serching table" wrote in message
I need to interpolate results from an experiment. What a simple way to do
it?
Here is the data I need to interpolate. (EX: 1.3439 and 1.3495 in
intervals
of .05. Thank you
1.3439 10
1.3495 15
1.3552 20
1.3609 25
1.3666 30
1.3721 35
1.3777 40
1.3831 45
1.3885 50
1.3936 55
1.3986 60
1.4034 65
1.4083 70
1.4127 75
1.4169 80
1.4328 100

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hello,

Maybe
http://www.sulprobil.com/html/interpolate.html
will be of help to you.

Regards,
Bernd

interpolation atatari New Users to Excel 3 February 23rd 06 07:58 PM
interpolation atatari Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 February 13th 06 03:49 AM
3D Interpolation EStewart Excel Worksheet Functions 0 February 1st 06 03:51 PM
Interpolation teen New Users to Excel 3 December 22nd 05 03:47 PM
help with interpolation and limit of interpolation uriel78 Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 February 17th 05 04:27 PM