Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default create two lines in one cell

I want to create a second line within one cell so gthat the print within the
cell will wrap at a requested position. The end result would look like this
for one cell:

HERTZ -
7 day car rental
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Type

HERTZ -
Click Alt+Enter
Type your second line of text

Mike

"garrett" wrote:

I want to create a second line within one cell so gthat the print within the
cell will wrap at a requested position. The end result would look like this
for one cell:

HERTZ -
7 day car rental

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Use ALT_ENTER. The wrap only shows after your entry is finished

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"garrett" wrote in message ...
|I want to create a second line within one cell so gthat the print within the
| cell will wrap at a requested position. The end result would look like this
| for one cell:
|
| HERTZ -
| 7 day car rental

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thank you, I wasn't able to find that info in the Exel database. I tested it
and it works on my Exel 2003.

"garrett" wrote in message ...
|I want to create a second line within one cell so gthat the print within the
| cell will wrap at a requested position. The end result would look like this
| for one cell:
|
| HERTZ -
| 7 day car rental

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

HelpMultiple lines reveals this info....

Display multiple lines of text within a cell
Select the cells you want to format.
On the Format menu, click Cells, and then click the Alignment tab.
Under Text control, select the Wrap text check box.

Tip

To start a new line of text at a specific point, click where you want to break
the line, and then press ALT+ENTER.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP