Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default VLOOKUP - recover missing data source

I have an Excel 2003 workbook that has many VLOOKUP functions,
referencing another Excel workbook that is no longer available. When
I open the workbook I get the message "This workbook contains one or
more links that can not be updated". If I ignore this message and hit
continue, the workbook and all of the VLOOKUP functions referencing
this missing datasource seem to work fine, so I'm assuming some cache
of the data previously retrieved is stored within the workbook?

The problem is that the original Excel data source is gone forever and
I would like to recreate it from the "cache" that my workbook seems to
be able to access. At first I thought I could use VLOOKUP functions
to recreate the data source, but I am finding that next to impossible,
since I do not know what lookup values to provide.

Here is an example...

=IF(VLOOKUP(CSD,AME_Ded,1)=CSD,VLOOKUP(CSD,AME_Ded ,2),"Wrong")

CSD is a named cell in my workbook, so I'm cool with that.
AME_Ded is a range in the "unavailable" workbook, which is not so
cool.

Is there a simple way to retrieve all of the values in the AME_Ded
range, from the cache that my workbook seems to have?