Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Macro to Extract Template Data to New Worksheet

This site is fantastic and I rarely ever have to post a question, but after
searching high and low, I cannot seem to find an easy answer to this
question. I'm not great with Macro's - so far I've just copied the code from
these threads, which has worked amazingly well.

I've created a form template (Invoice.xlt) which will be used by various
staff to record their time spent on a particular client.

I'd like to create a macro that automatically records information from the
template into a new workbook (say InvoiceList.xls) when a new copy is saved.
The individual invoices will all be saved in one directory.

It would also be great if the Invoice.xlt could automatically insert with
the next invoice number - maybe a max formula lookup to the InvoiceList.xls,
but would probably have to be hard coded so it didn't keep changing every
time that invoice was opened.

There will be other users entering their time to the same invoice (i.e.
preparer, reviewer), so it would be great if the correspondeing row in the
InvoiceList.xls could be overwritten with the new information once the
Invoice is finalized (i.e. update and overwrite upon save.

Any assistance anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!