Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default totalling phone minutes

How do I get a total for phone minutes? What would be the formula?

Rebecca
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

How did you record your minutes?

Tyro

"rebecca" wrote in message
How do I get a total for phone minutes? What would be the formula?

Rebecca

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You should be able to use the Sum function. Does it not work for you?

Regards,
Fred

"rebecca" wrote in message
How do I get a total for phone minutes? What would be the formula?

Rebecca

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default totaling phone minutes

Hi Rebecca

If you are trying to sum minutes, and then use the value to multiply by a
cost, you need to multiply by 1440.
Excel stores Time as a fraction of a day.
So to convert 1:40 to decimal minutes (100) multiply the cell by 24 to get
to hours, then by 60 to get to minutes (24*60=1440)

--

Regards
Roger Govier

"rebecca" wrote in message
How do I get a total for phone minutes? What would be the formula?

Rebecca

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I need to total phone minutes used by employees which I need to add up the
exact time of the calls.
00:01:15, one minute and 15 seconds, but when I try to use sum to total the
column it will not calculate time...what can I do?

Rebecca

"rebecca" wrote in message
How do I get a total for phone minutes? What would be the formula?

Rebecca

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Excel keeps times as a fraction of a day. For example: 1 hour = 1/24 =
0.04166667; 1 minute = 1/(24 *60) = 0.00069444 and 1 second = 1/(24 * 60 *
60) = 0.00001157. You will have to sum your times and display the result as
time - e.g. [h]mm:ss. I suggest you go here and read about time.
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datetime.htm

Tyro