Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
rnc rnc is offline

Default Can I convert a number(1-365) to a month and day of a year?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CLR CLR is offline

Right-click FormatCells NumberTab select a TYPE

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

With
A1: (a number between 1 and 365)

Try this:
B1: =DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),1,A1)

Is that something you can work with?
--------------------------

Regards,

Ron
Microsoft MVP (Excel)
(XL2003, Win XP)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

From Chip Pearson's Web Site (www.cpearson.com)

Converting A Julian Date To A Standard Date

The formula below will convert a Julian date to a standard Excel date.

=DATE(IF(0+(LEFT(A1,2))<30,2000,1900)+LEFT(A1,2),1 ,RIGHT(A1,3))

If the year digits of the Julian date are less than 30 (i.e., 00 to 29), the
date is assumed to be a 2000 century year. If the year digits of the Julian
date are greater than or equal to 30 (i.e., 30 to 99), the date is assumed
to be a 1900 century year. This formula works by taking advantage of the
fact that the DATE function can handle days beyond the "normal" days in a
month. For example, DATE correctly computes 100-Jan-1999 to be
10-April-1999.

These Julian dates must have the leading zero or zeros for years between
2000 and 2009. For example the 123rd day of 2000 must be entered as 00123.
Format the cell as TEXT before entering the data, or enter an apostrophe
before the Julian date -- e.g., '00123. This will prevent Excel from
treating the Julian date as a number and suppressing the leading zeros.

Tyro

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

If your number is in cell A1, enter the formula:
=EDATE(A1,1296)

Assuming you mean for the current year? In another cell. If you are using
Excel 2003 or earlier you will need to attach the add-in Analysis ToolPak.
In 2007 that won't be necessary. The format the result to show month and
day.

Or if you don't want to use the Analysis ToolPak use the formula:
=A1+39447

These work for the current year. If you want it to work for any year you
can modify the above formulas or use:

=DATE(YEAR(NOW()),MONTH(NOW()),0)+A1
the first formula can be generalized to:
=EDATE(A1,12*(RIGHT(YEAR(NOW()),2)+100))

Hope some of these help.
Cheers,
Shane