Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Defined Names in Workbook

Rather than referencing a range for a given Name, I have typed in a formula,
which typically works. However, I have noted that when using a formula that
includes other named ranges, I get the #VALUE error. Is there a way around
this, or is it simply a weakness in Excel?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Can you give more details so we can experiment?
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Beaniecounter" wrote in message
Rather than referencing a range for a given Name, I have typed in a
formula,
which typically works. However, I have noted that when using a formula
that
includes other named ranges, I get the #VALUE error. Is there a way
around
this, or is it simply a weakness in Excel?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Yes, I'm new to this so I apologize. I have a named range called CurrMo,
which references Row 1 of the worksheet, each successive cell containing
dates as follows: 1/1/07, 2/1/07, and so on. In addition to using the CurrMo
reference in a large formula I have created, I also need to make reference to
the month following the current month (CurrMo). In order to do so, I defined
a Name in the workbook using a formula rather than a range, calling it
NextMo. The formula is as follows:

=Date(Year(CurrMo),Month(CurrMo)+1,1)

Typically, using a formula to define a Name works fine. But in this
instance, and in others, when I use another named range rather than actual
cell references, the #VALUE error is returned.

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

Can you give more details so we can experiment?
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme
remove caps from email

"Beaniecounter" wrote in message
Rather than referencing a range for a given Name, I have typed in a
formula,
which typically works. However, I have noted that when using a formula
that
includes other named ranges, I get the #VALUE error. Is there a way
around
this, or is it simply a weakness in Excel?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Post an example of a formula that is returning #VALUE!.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP