Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Why does my print preview (and print) not reflect the chosen margi

I'm trying to use an image a printed background for my Excel worksheet. I
have inserted it into the header, formatted it to be behind the text, etc.

I have also cropped the edges of my 8.5x11 image so that it does not exceed
the printable area of the page (I can't find a way to have it fill all the
way to the page edge). When I view the sheet on my screen in normal view (at
any zoom level) everything looks perfect.

However, when I look at it in print preview or try to print the page, the
image is too wide for the page (an extra ~.36 inch is cut off), and the
bottom of the image is shorter than intended by about an extra .25 inch (and
is showing with none of the original image cropped off).

When I check the settings for the picture formatting, it claims to be
showing at my desired image size. When I check the page setup, it claims to
be using my chosen margins.

I'm at a loss for what to try next. . .