-   -   Linkage File (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/173395-linkage-file.html)

AFA

Linkage File

I have a few excel files in a folder.These files interlink to each other.I am
planning to rename all files in folder & ensure the linkage formula also
updated as per new name. any suggestions?

Stefi

Linkage File

After having renamed the files at opening the files Excel will ask you "Do
you want to update links?" Choose Update and mark the new file names as link
names!

Regards,
Stefi

€žAFA€ť ezt Ă*rta:

I have a few excel files in a folder.These files interlink to each other.I am
planning to rename all files in folder & ensure the linkage formula also
updated as per new name. any suggestions?

Dave Peterson

Linkage File

Get Bill Manville's FindLink program:
http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm

Get Jan Karel Pieterse's (with Charles Williams and Matthew Henson) Name
Manager:
http://www.jkp-ads.com/OfficeMarketPlaceNM-EN.asp

And Jan Karel Pieterse's RefTreeAnalyser
http://www.jkp-ads.com/RefTreeAnalyser.asp

--

Dave Peterson

AFA

Linkage File

thanks stefi.

"Stefi" wrote:

After having renamed the files at opening the files Excel will ask you "Do
you want to update links?" Choose Update and mark the new file names as link
names!

Regards,
Stefi

€žAFA€ť ezt Ă*rta:

I have a few excel files in a folder.These files interlink to each other.I am
planning to rename all files in folder & ensure the linkage formula also
updated as per new name. any suggestions?

AFA

Linkage File

thanks dave!