osj

Default Counting the events

I generated random number (1-6) as in DICE
How do I count the number of times a 1, 2, 3, ...... 6 occurs when I run it
for, let say, 1000 times.

What function should I use to keep these counts?
Jason Morin

=COUNTIF(A:A,1)
=COUNTIF(A:A,2)
etc.

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

osj

What you have below does not do cummulative counts.
Let say I roll the dice 100 times, and I want to know how many times
a 1,2,3,....6 appears.

Let say I am looking at the 2, it counts the first time a 2 appears, but any
time another number appears, the counter for "2" reads "0".

I want something that records these counts, cummulatively...
Thanks,

OSJ

"Jason Morin" wrote:

=COUNTIF(A:A,1)
=COUNTIF(A:A,2)
etc.

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

osj

To clarify the problem:

I am using RANDBETWEEN(1,6) to simulate rolling the DICE.
I have six Counters: [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
reprensenting: 1 2 3 4 5 6

When I roll the DICE 100-times what I have looks similar to:
[0] [0] [0] [1] [0] [0]
1 2 3 4 5 6

It keeps the last count that meets the condition, and zeroes all others.
The COINTIF (A:A, 1) function, for example, returns a zero when any other
number appears (when the comditon is not met).

Thanks.....

"Jason Morin" wrote:

=COUNTIF(A:A,1)
=COUNTIF(A:A,2)