KCoyne

Default I can't get a worksheet to copy onto the workbook

I have afiarly large worksheet that I use to help determine production data
and to keep track of production data. My people have had some problem with
the workbook lately and I added some formulas to assist them. One feature I
use daily is to produce a new worksheet from a master worksheet. this
usually works, but for some reason it has failed to work lately. Any help
would be appreciated.

I am using Excel 2000
Gord Dibben

How do you produce the new worksheet from the master worksheet?

Knowing the method of producing the sheet would greatly assist in
trouble-shooting.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 10:43:03 -0800, KCoyne
wrote:

I have afiarly large worksheet that I use to help determine production data
and to keep track of production data. My people have had some problem with
the workbook lately and I added some formulas to assist them. One feature I
use daily is to produce a new worksheet from a master worksheet. this
usually works, but for some reason it has failed to work lately. Any help
would be appreciated.

I am using Excel 2000

KCoyne

I open the worksheet then click on Edit/Move or Copy/ Check the copy to box.
I then indicate where I want the worksheet. Then click OK.

My workbook has about 12 sheets to it. I can copy 7 of the 12. The others
I can't copy. Is there something I might have turned on that won't let me
copy the 5 worksheets?? 4 of the 5 that won't copy are very similar.

Thanks for the reply.

wrote:

I have afiarly large worksheet that I use to help determine production data
and to keep track of production data. My people have had some problem with
the workbook lately and I added some formulas to assist them. One feature I
use daily is to produce a new worksheet from a master worksheet. this
usually works, but for some reason it has failed to work lately. Any help
would be appreciated.

I am using Excel 2000

Gord Dibben

Since you can move or copy some sheets I think we could rule out that the
workbook protection(ToolsProtectionProtect Workbook)is enabled.

I can't replicate your problem.

What happens when you try to move or copy with your method?

Any error message?

Nothing happens?

Id the workbook shared? Shared workbooks can create problems in specific
instances. I don't use them so can't say which "instances".

Gord