Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Upper and Lower Case "within" a formula

I noticed with I type a formula (keep in mind this was orginal for a Reuters
Link) that depending upon which case the initial entry is made it can never
be changed. For example, type =AQs, then erase it and try to type =AQS;
excel autmatically changes the formula back to =AQs. This becomes
problamatice when entering Reuters function because some securities must be
Capitalized for Reuters to recongnize. Anyway to change this
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=AQs or =AQS are not formulas and will return the #NAME? error.

Can you provide more detail or another example of a similar formula?

If you are just typing AQS and it changes to AQs maybe you have an Autocorrect
option.

I type AQs and Excel changes to Aqs due to Autocorrect "Correct 2 INitial
Capitals"

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 14:10:02 -0800, Kevin
wrote:

I noticed with I type a formula (keep in mind this was orginal for a Reuters
Link) that depending upon which case the initial entry is made it can never
be changed. For example, type =AQs, then erase it and try to type =AQS;
excel autmatically changes the formula back to =AQs. This becomes
problamatice when entering Reuters function because some securities must be
Capitalized for Reuters to recongnize. Anyway to change this

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I was just using this as an example, I did not include the actual formula
because it is a Reuters link and wouldn't make much sense to include.
However, regardless of the fact that =AQs returns #NAME, the problem is
still shown. When you type =AQs and then hit enter, then erase, and type
=AQS, excel automatically changes it back to =AQs; I don' t believe this is
an autocorrect function. Any ideas?

wrote:

I noticed with I type a formula (keep in mind this was orginal for a Reuters
Link) that depending upon which case the initial entry is made it can never
be changed. For example, type =AQs, then erase it and try to type =AQS;
excel autmatically changes the formula back to =AQs. This becomes
problamatice when entering Reuters function because some securities must be
Capitalized for Reuters to recongnize. Anyway to change this

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

No ideas.

Gord