Jay

Default Can this be done???

As you can see from the sample below, there are multiple instances the same
month name data. What I'd like to do is some how group these into one
instance of each. The column represented here is taken on of a sheet named
"Values" column A1:A1000, which in turn is pulling the date data from off of
a sheet named "DataEntry" column B4:B3000. On the "Values" sheet I want to
only show one instance of the month name. Is this possible to have a function
pull it all together and have a date of 05/01/05 show-up as 'May-05? Yes,
that's correct 'May-05. I do not want 05/01/05 to show up in the formula bar
as a date, I want to see 'May-05 in the formula bar. Is this possible? If it
is how?

May-04
May-04
May-04
June-04
June-04
June-04
July-04
July-04
July-04
July-04
July-04
July-04
July-04
August-04
August-04
August-04
September-04
September-04
September-04
September-04
September-04

Jay

Thanks, Peo.

Maybe, I am no clear enough. What I'd like to do is find a function that
would convert a date like 05/01/05, 05/01/2005 to something like 'May-05. So
see, I need to the " ' " left of the force the word "May-05" ( to be like
example 'May-05) as a method for forcing the serial date of 05/01/05 to
display as mentioned in the formula bar, instead.

Hope this helps clearify what I'm wondering about! Maybe, it's possible,
maybe it's not! Thanks, for chiming in!

"Jay" wrote in message
[...]

Peo Sjoblom

=TEXT(A1,"mmmm-yy")

where A1 holds the date, if you copy and paste special as values it will be
displayed as May-05
in the formula bar, if you don't paste special the formula itself will
display in the formula bar

Peo Sjoblom