-   -   format a cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/172049-format-cell.html)

RaY

format a cell

I want to put in text and split in half in a cell like

values
actions but with a line seperating them in two parts, I was able to use the
borader but the effect is not perfect. Does anyone has better suggestion?

Unfortunately, I can not paste the screen to this message.

thanks,

Ray

Tyro[_2_]

format a cell

Press Alt+enter where you want a line break

Tyro

"Ray" wrote in message
I want to put in text and split in half in a cell like

values
actions but with a line seperating them in two parts, I was able to use
the
borader but the effect is not perfect. Does anyone has better suggestion?

Unfortunately, I can not paste the screen to this message.

thanks,

Ray

Gord Dibben

format a cell

No way to split a cell.

Diagonal Border or a line from the Drawing Toolbar and some manipulation will
have to to do the trick.

Alt + Enter to split the text into two lines in the cell then add a drawing line
across horizontally.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP