Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Formula

I am quiet new with excel. Please can anyone help me with writing a formular
for a cell that contains a range of numbers. I the cell to for example
indicate red if a value in another cell is say between 90 and 100 and another
example that says for example
85<=X<=95

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

For Format/ Conditional Formatting you can either use "Cell Value Is" /
Between ...
or you can use "Formula Is" =AND(A1=85,A1<=95)
--
David Biddulph

"james" wrote in message
I am quiet new with excel. Please can anyone help me with writing a
formular
for a cell that contains a range of numbers. I the cell to for example
indicate red if a value in another cell is say between 90 and 100 and
another
example that says for example
85<=X<=95

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Did you adjust the A1 in David's formula to the cell that you are testing
against?

And you used conditional formatting? And you set the pattern colour in CF
for conditions that meet?

--
---
HTH

Bob

"james" wrote in message
I am quiet new with excel. Please can anyone help me with writing a
formular
for a cell that contains a range of numbers. I the cell to for example
indicate red if a value in another cell is say between 90 and 100 and
another
example that says for example
85<=X<=95

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Well let me try to be clear. I need a formular that says any value between 90
and 100 in cell E1 should make cell A1 indicate the word "green" otherwise it
should be blank
Any value between 80 and 89 in E1 should make B1 indicate the word "yellow"
otherwise it should be blank
Any value less than 80 in E1 should make C1 indicate the word
"red".Otherwise it should be blank.

Hope this helps in your helping me.

"james" wrote in message
I am quiet new with excel. Please can anyone help me with writing a
formular
for a cell that contains a range of numbers. I the cell to for
example
indicate red if a value in another cell is say between 90 and 100
and
another
example that says for example
85<=X<=95