Jerry

Default Counting Dates

I get a report every day that lists a large number of
events by date. There are many per date and I would like
a formula that counts the number of times a date is
repeated. I would also like to take it one step further
and count the number of times an event happens per date.
Any suggestions?

CLR

=COUNTIF(A1:A26,"01/02/03") will tell you how many times the date 01/02/03
occurs in the range A1:A26

=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A26=1/2/3)+(B1:B26="event1")) will tell you how manytimes on
that date a corresponding "Event1" showed up in range B1:B26

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Jerry" wrote in message
I get a report every day that lists a large number of
events by date. There are many per date and I would like
a formula that counts the number of times a date is
repeated. I would also like to take it one step further
and count the number of times an event happens per date.
Any suggestions?

CLR

Sorry, the first one is fine, but the second one fell apart with more
testing, and I'm about to fall off my chair right now, so can't go on
tonight........hopefully someone else will pick up on it for you, or I will
try again tomorrow......

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Jerry" wrote in message
I get a report every day that lists a large number of
events by date. There are many per date and I would like
a formula that counts the number of times a date is
repeated. I would also like to take it one step further
and count the number of times an event happens per date.
Any suggestions?

Biff

Hi!

Dates in column A
Events in column B

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A20=DATE(2005,1,1)),--(B1:B20="event"))

OR enter a date in C1:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A20=C1),--(B1:B20="event"))

Biff

.