-   -   List Box - For Input Range can I use named range in another workbo (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/171426-list-box-input-range-can-i-use-named-range-another-workbo.html)

dim

List Box - For Input Range can I use named range in another workbo

Hi folks,

In Book2 I have a named range "Employees".

In Book1 I have a list box.

In the Format Control option for my list box I select the Input Range area.
I have typed numerous variations of the following but I keep getting a
'Reference Is Not Valid' or similar error:

'C:\Program Files\systems\My Program\Data1\[Book2.xls]Sheet1'!Employees

Bob Phillips

List Box - For Input Range can I use named range in another workbo

The other book needs to be open

'Book2.xls'!Employees

--
---
HTH

Bob

"dim" wrote in message
Hi folks,

In Book2 I have a named range "Employees".

In Book1 I have a list box.

In the Format Control option for my list box I select the Input Range
area.
I have typed numerous variations of the following but I keep getting a
'Reference Is Not Valid' or similar error:

'C:\Program Files\systems\My Program\Data1\[Book2.xls]Sheet1'!Employees

dim

List Box - For Input Range can I use named range in another wo

Thanks Bob. I've adapted a macro to open the Book2 file before navigating to
the list box.