Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Nested formula help

I am working with Excel 2003
In column J on sheet OWN_AR I have information as to status in the form of
letters ie. "V".

In column i on sheet OWN_AR I have numbers ie. 1, 2, or 3.

What I want the formula to do is
Add up the number in column I only if column J is showing a "V"
I have tried =COUNTIF(OWN_AR!J2:J689,"V") but can't figure out how to get it
to choose the figure in column i not just count column j.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Another option:
=SUMPRODUCT((OWN_AR!J2:J689="V")*OWN_AR!I2:I689)
--
Max
Singapore