Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default how can I make autofilter automatically update

I am trying to make a worksheet that will allow my coworkers to make quotes.
I have a workbook that has items and pricing on one worksheet and the
corresponding items on a quote worksheet. I have an autofilter put on the
quote sheet that allows for the quote to be adjusted to the right items. e.g.
if I select an item on the pricing sheet, I can use autofilter on the quote
sheet to show only that item. My question is how to make the autofilter
update on its own. I don't want to have my coworkers have to type in the
custom (is greater then or equal to) field. Is there a way that I can setup
the worksheet so that anytime it is open it will use my custom filter
automatically?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CLR CLR is offline

The Autofilter can be controlled by macro.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Amanda" wrote:

I am trying to make a worksheet that will allow my coworkers to make quotes.
I have a workbook that has items and pricing on one worksheet and the
corresponding items on a quote worksheet. I have an autofilter put on the
quote sheet that allows for the quote to be adjusted to the right items. e.g.
if I select an item on the pricing sheet, I can use autofilter on the quote
sheet to show only that item. My question is how to make the autofilter
update on its own. I don't want to have my coworkers have to type in the
custom (is greater then or equal to) field. Is there a way that I can setup
the worksheet so that anytime it is open it will use my custom filter
automatically?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Take a look at this web site and see if this is something that you can use:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/easyfilter.htm

Regards,
Ryan--

--