Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Convert Date to Text for Export

I need to convert a date format to a text version of that date in order to
export to another application properly. Right now, the date format show
MM/DD/YYYY and is serialized. When I export, the text for that date comes up
with YYYYDDMM which doe not work with the application. If there is a way to
convert the date format so the text would be in order (12/18/2007) that would
be great. Please let me know. Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Make a column next to the one you have your dates, enter this formula
in the first row
=TEXT(A1,"MM/DD/YYYY")
where A1 is your first formula with the date in it
then copy this formula down.
Select the column, press ctrl + c, then right click on the column
"paste special..." (choose "Values").
Then delete your row with dates in it.

Man, thats one chaotic description...hope you understand what i want
to say :)

Cheers Carlo

On Dec 19, 11:03 am, Seamless
wrote:
I need to convert a date format to a text version of that date in order to
export to another application properly. Right now, the date format show
MM/DD/YYYY and is serialized. When I export, the text for that date comes up
with YYYYDDMM which doe not work with the application. If there is a way to
convert the date format so the text would be in order (12/18/2007) that would
be great. Please let me know. Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Tue, 18 Dec 2007 18:03:00 -0800 from Seamless
:
I need to convert a date format to a text version of that date in order to
export to another application properly. Right now, the date format show
MM/DD/YYYY and is serialized. When I export, the text for that date comes up
with YYYYDDMM which doe not work with the application. If there is a way to
convert the date format so the text would be in order (12/18/2007) that would
be great. Please let me know. Thanks!

If the date is in A1, this formula will convert it in the way you
want:

=TEXT(A1,"MM/DD/YYYY")

http://OakRoadSystems.com/