Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Help!!!

I have one column "a" that shows the number of days (i.e 48) and another
column "b" that shows the debt (i.e 250) if this is past due and the terms is
net 30 I want the formula to distinguished the ones that are past the 30 day
term and sum the column amoun "b"...
maybe it will be better if someone sees documents example, is a basic
account statement...HELP!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

in column c write:

=IF((A1=30),B1," ")

so, if a1 is greater than or equal to 30, c1 will now equal the amount
in b1.
drag down the cell as many rows as you need. the formula will change
for each row number.

hope it helps (& hope i understood - sometimes i don't!)
:)
susan

On Dec 18, 2:32 pm, raquel wrote:
I have one column "a" that shows the number of days (i.e 48) and another
column "b" that shows the debt (i.e 250) if this is past due and the terms is
net 30 I want the formula to distinguished the ones that are past the 30 day
term and sum the column amoun "b"...
maybe it will be better if someone sees documents example, is a basic
account statement...HELP!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Susan, let me try to explain better...
I have on colum "e" the number of days "x" invoice is past due, in this case
48, then I have on colum "f" the amount for which the invoice is due, at the
bottom I have 3 cells that contain the sum of invoices that are 0-30 dys past
due and 1-30 days past due, I am trying to find a formula that will recognize
the number of days and it will sum the invoices on each cell on the bottom, I
hope this makes sense, I have a book but I didn't bring it with me so I hope
I can finish this before I leave today...:)

On Dec 18, 2:32 pm, raquel wrote:
I have one column "a" that shows the number of days (i.e 48) and another
column "b" that shows the debt (i.e 250) if this is past due and the terms is
net 30 I want the formula to distinguished the ones that are past the 30 day
term and sum the column amoun "b"...
maybe it will be better if someone sees documents example, is a basic
account statement...HELP!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

hi,

I understand that you are doing an aging of you accounts receivables.

so you can use =sumif(e2:e100,"<30",f2:f100) to have the past dues less than
30days

=sumif(e2:e100,"=30",f2:f100)-sumif(e2:e100,"60",f2:f100) to have the past
due between 30 and 60 days

and so on

hth
--