Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ABG ABG is offline

Default 3D reference need help please

Hello to all who can help me with this. I've already tried the online
directions and it's still not working.

Ex/
I have 3 worksheets and 1 final all within the same excel 2003 file. I am
trying to get all the cells from worksheets 1,2,& 3 to add up and be placed
in worksheet 4. I know that their is a way to do this but I must not be
doing it correctly. Could someone please give me some insider direction I
would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ABG ABG is offline

where do i put that on the 4th page i'm wanting it to reference to? i need
it to be set up the same way.

"JE McGimpsey" wrote:

One way:

=SUM(Sheet1:Sheet3!A1)

In article ,
ABG wrote:

Hello to all who can help me with this. I've already tried the online
directions and it's still not working.

Ex/
I have 3 worksheets and 1 final all within the same excel 2003 file. I am
trying to get all the cells from worksheets 1,2,& 3 to add up and be placed
in worksheet 4. I know that their is a way to do this but I must not be
doing it correctly. Could someone please give me some insider direction I
would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ABG ABG is offline

also, error comes up something about a circular group?....ahhhh....

"JE McGimpsey" wrote:

One way:

=SUM(Sheet1:Sheet3!A1)

In article ,
ABG wrote:

Hello to all who can help me with this. I've already tried the online
directions and it's still not working.

Ex/
I have 3 worksheets and 1 final all within the same excel 2003 file. I am
trying to get all the cells from worksheets 1,2,& 3 to add up and be placed
in worksheet 4. I know that their is a way to do this but I must not be
doing it correctly. Could someone please give me some insider direction I
would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I like to make a "sandwich" out of my worksheets.

I'd insert two worksheets--one to the far left called "Start" and one to the far
right named "End".

Then I could use a formula like:

=sum('start:end'!N2)
to add up all the worksheets that are between those two "pieces of bread".

The cell with the formula would go in a worksheet that's not inside the
sandwich.

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ABG ABG is offline

like your analogy...ok so if the end of the sandwich i have my "plate" to put
it on where to i put the =sum....

ABG wrote:

Hello to all who can help me with this. I've already tried the online
directions and it's still not working.

Ex/
I have 3 worksheets and 1 final all within the same excel 2003 file. I am
trying to get all the cells from worksheets 1,2,& 3 to add up and be placed
in worksheet 4. I know that their is a way to do this but I must not be
doing it correctly. Could someone please give me some insider direction I
would appreciate it.

Thanks,

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ABG ABG is offline

i must be slow at excel...but i've been trying to do this and keep getting
these weird errors.
helppppp............ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....frustr ation....

ABG wrote:

Hello to all who can help me with this. I've already tried the online
directions and it's still not working.

Ex/
I have 3 worksheets and 1 final all within the same excel 2003 file. I am
trying to get all the cells from worksheets 1,2,& 3 to add up and be placed
in worksheet 4. I know that their is a way to do this but I must not be
doing it correctly. Could someone please give me some insider direction I
would appreciate it.

Thanks,

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Do not put your plate worksheet (the worksheet that contains the cell with the
formula) inside the sandwich.

Put it to the far right or to the far left.

ABG wrote:

Hello to all who can help me with this. I've already tried the online
directions and it's still not working.

Ex/
I have 3 worksheets and 1 final all within the same excel 2003 file. I am
trying to get all the cells from worksheets 1,2,& 3 to add up and be placed
in worksheet 4. I know that their is a way to do this but I must not be
doing it correctly. Could someone please give me some insider direction I
would appreciate it.

Thanks,

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Take a look at this screencap:

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/8144/sumgg1.jpg

The formula is on the Summary sheet. The Summary sheet is outside of the
"sandwich". Any sheets *within* the sandwich will be included in the sum.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

ABG wrote:

Hello to all who can help me with this. I've already tried the online
directions and it's still not working.

Ex/
I have 3 worksheets and 1 final all within the same excel 2003 file. I
am
trying to get all the cells from worksheets 1,2,& 3 to add up and be
placed
in worksheet 4. I know that their is a way to do this but I must not
be
doing it correctly. Could someone please give me some insider
direction I
would appreciate it.

Thanks,

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

And just to add to Biff's response...

It's a neat way to play what-if games. You can drag any of those "meat"
worksheets outside the sandwich and its data won't be included in the summary
formulas.