Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default IF problem

Here is my problem. In column A I have numbers with different colors.
The colors have meanings. They represent a team. On column B, some of
these numbers have some explanation. Some of the sales men have changed
team in mid reporting period. Period equals one month. Not all have
explanations, though. This was done for a reason I can't explain. Going
forward I have solved the problem. But from time to time I am asked to
give totals for "reds' or "blues" which happen some two years back.
Does any on knows a formula that selectes and adds up based on color?
Thanks for your help

--
ab3d4u
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JMB JMB is offline

You may find Bob and Chip's sites helpful.

http://xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html
http://www.cpearson.com/Excel/colors.htm