Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Excel's conditions ignored by Word in Mail-merge

I have numbers in cells like 3054.30, 2997.48 etc. that need to be brought
into Word via mailmerge. However, in Word docs the values change to
3054.299999 & 2997.477777 ... I tried using the =ROUND() function it did not
have any effect, then I tried using Paste Special, Values ... still no use.
Why is this happening & what could be done to keep the values as shown?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I'm surprised that ROUND and Paste Special/ Values didn't do the trick, but
try =TEXT(A2,"0.00").

Another option is to use field formatting codes within Word.
--
David Biddulph

"dindigul" wrote in message
I have numbers in cells like 3054.30, 2997.48 etc. that need to be brought
into Word via mailmerge. However, in Word docs the values change to
3054.299999 & 2997.477777 ... I tried using the =ROUND() function it did
not have any effect, then I tried using Paste Special, Values ... still no
use. Why is this happening & what could be done to keep the values as
shown? Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

(Saved from a previous post.)

Debra Dalgleish posted this:

There's an article on the Microsoft web site that might help you:

Answer Box: Numbers don't merge right in Word
http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/as...164951033.aspx

And if you prefer the old Mail Merge helper, Word MVP Suzanne Barnhill
has instructions he

http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/C...ngWord2002.htm

about half way down the page.

==========
I often cheat instead of racking my brain.

I'll insert another column (probably hidden!) and use:
=text(a2,"00000")
(or whatever format I want)
and use that field in the mailmerge.

(Cheating doesn't bother me anymore <vbg.)

dindigul wrote:

I have numbers in cells like 3054.30, 2997.48 etc. that need to be brought
into Word via mailmerge. However, in Word docs the values change to
3054.299999 & 2997.477777 ... I tried using the =ROUND() function it did not
have any effect, then I tried using Paste Special, Values ... still no use.
Why is this happening & what could be done to keep the values as shown?
Thanks

--

Dave Peterson