Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default SUMPRODUCT with #VALUE error

First, thank you in advance for your help.
Can I use SUMPRODUCT to count the number of occurances of a value when there
are errors in the column I want to count?
Example is I was trying this formula to count the number of times J.Doe was
late but there are #Value errors in column V3:V890.
=SUMPRODUCT(--(F3:F890="J.DOE"),--(V3:V890="LATE"))
How do I get around this without deleting the formulas in the cells that
have the error because it will change when other data gets filled in.

Thanks for you help
Joe
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Go with :

=SUMPRODUCT(--(F3:F890="J.DOE"),--ISERROR(V3:V890))

HTH
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

One way using sum

=SUM(IF(ISERROR(V3:V890="LATE"),0,(F3:F890="J.DOE" )*(V3:V890="LATE")))

entered with ctrl + shift & enter

although it would be much better if you could correct the value errors in
V3:V890 and use your original formula

Peo Sjoblom