Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Number repeated in an array

I need to know if any number is repeated in an array of numbers. These
numbers may not be in a series. I need to ensure that no number is repeated.
Where there IS repeatation, the user should be alerted to change the number
in the list. In other words, the list of numbers should be unique. Is there a
formula that takes into account each cell in the list and compares with all
the other numbers in the same list and returns the value of how many times
it is repeated. The frequency formula is not working.

Regards
Sai Krishna
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Let's say your list is from A1 to A10, then you could enter following
formula in B1:
=if(countif($A$1:$A$10, A1)1,"DUPLICATE","")
every double will have a DUPLICATE in column B.

hth

Carlo