Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Countif - Array Question

I want to use a function to do determine the number of Yes and No Answers to
different questions from different departments. For example, here is a table:

DEPT QUESTION A QUESTION B QUESTION C
Adm No No Yes
Adm Yes Yes No
Comm No No
Fin Yes Yes Yes
Fin Yes No No

I want to add up the number of responses like so

QUESTION A QUESTION B QUESTION C
Adm Yes 1 1 1
No 1 1 1
No

I tried using a COUNTIF array function like this:

COUNTIF (if ((DEPT Array="ADMIN"), QUESTION A Array, ""), "Yes")

This is not working - PLEASE HELP!