Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Reducing file capacity

Hi,

I have a excel file and the capacity of the file is 129 MB and after
compressing it is aorund 18 MB. Even it is very difficult to handle the file.
I have 7 sheets in the file,

1st sheet is base data and it contains data's of almost 20000 rows and 120
Cols. based on this sheet i have created 6 Pivots in 6 different sheets.

Can anybody suggest me how to reduce the file capacity. Do we have any
option in pivots to reduce the file size. Request you to help in this.
Waiting for your earliest reply.

Regards,
Christopher
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Are you six reports each seperate, or different views of same thing?

To clarify, when you go to make a pivot report of data you already have a
pivot report of, Excel asks if you want to make a new report, or just use
same data. If you click yes, it saves space. Clicking no uses more.

Other than that, I am afraid I have no other ideas.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Christopher Naveen" wrote:

Hi,

I have a excel file and the capacity of the file is 129 MB and after
compressing it is aorund 18 MB. Even it is very difficult to handle the file.
I have 7 sheets in the file,

1st sheet is base data and it contains data's of almost 20000 rows and 120
Cols. based on this sheet i have created 6 Pivots in 6 different sheets.

Can anybody suggest me how to reduce the file capacity. Do we have any
option in pivots to reduce the file size. Request you to help in this.
Waiting for your earliest reply.

Regards,
Christopher

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

My six reports are different reports and it picks the datas from a single
sheet. I need to show 6 different report in 6 different sheets. Pls advise,
any other way?. File capacity is around 128 MB.

"Christopher Naveen" wrote:

Hi,

I have a excel file and the capacity of the file is 129 MB and after
compressing it is aorund 18 MB. Even it is very difficult to handle the file.
I have 7 sheets in the file,

1st sheet is base data and it contains data's of almost 20000 rows and 120
Cols. based on this sheet i have created 6 Pivots in 6 different sheets.

Can anybody suggest me how to reduce the file capacity. Do we have any
option in pivots to reduce the file size. Request you to help in this.
Waiting for your earliest reply.

Regards,
Christopher

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

I dont get any reply from ur side. So there is no possiilities to reduce the
file size. Pls confirm...

-Christ