Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Ron is offline

Default Finding Last number in a column

How do I find the last number in a column of data and have it entered into
another cell?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=LOOKUP(99^99,A:A) will return last number in column A

=LOOKUP(2,1/(A1:A65535<""),A1:A65535) will return anything.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 9 Dec 2007 12:13:00 -0800, Ron wrote:

How do I find the last number in a column of data and have it entered into
another cell?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this:

=LOOKUP(10^10,A1:A1000)

Extend the range if required.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Dec 9, 8:13 pm, Ron wrote:
How do I find the last number in a column of data and have it entered into
another cell?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

To return the last numerical value, try...

=LOOKUP(9.99999999999999E+307,A2:A100)

Adjust the range accordingly.

Hope this helps!