Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default List on different worksheet

Hi

I am wanting to create a drop down list, however, I want the list of values
to reside on a different worksheet, but when I do this, I get an error to say
that the values must reside on the same worksheet. My lists are +200 values,
and I wanted a central list I could refer to from multiple worksheets. Does
anyone know how I could achieve this?

Thanks in advance
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I just went through this. You can create a list of names, itens, etc on
another worksheet and have a dropdown list that references that data on
onother sheet. On sheet "List" (contains data), list the items vertically in
a column. Highlight the data (you can highlight blank cells below the list
and if you add data it will be picked up), then name the list, Ex Last_Names

On the sheet for the dropdown, choose cell for the dropdown, then DATA
VALIDATION on the menu. Under Validation Criteria for "ALLOW:", choose "List"
In the source box, type "=Last_Names" (without quotes). No need to
reference the sheet within the source box.

You may want to check out http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal03.html

Good Luck,
Les