Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Lookup function (i think)

Hi Guys, I think this is pretty basic but im not very good with lookups, ive
had a look thru prev posts but cant find this (prob because its so basic)..
I am entering data in many rows and putting $ amounts in column F. I need to
know when entering $ in Column F if that amount has been entered in that
column anywhere above. Maybe it could highlight red or something??
any help would be fantastic.. Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Do you want to prevent a duplicate or just flag the duplicate?

See Chip Pearson's site on Duplicates.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/Duplicates.aspx for flagging

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/NoDupEntry.aspx for preventing

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP