Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default LOOKUP or IF??

I would like to know if there is a way to do the following:

File #1

Product Key Count
Red/12 1000
Red/24 2000
Green/36 3000

File#2
Size Red Blue Green....
12
24
36

I have 19 colors, 3 sizes--I want to look at File#1 (this may have all 19
colors and 3 sizes, or 3 colors and 2 sizes listed by color/size) and fill in
the File #2 with amounts.

Any Help Please???
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Is Red/12 in a *single* cell?

RD

"ABC Seamless Wayne" <ABC Seamless wrote in
message ...
I would like to know if there is a way to do the following:

File #1

Product Key Count
Red/12 1000
Red/24 2000
Green/36 3000

File#2
Size Red Blue Green....
12
24
36

I have 19 colors, 3 sizes--I want to look at File#1 (this may have all 19
colors and 3 sizes, or 3 colors and 2 sizes listed by color/size) and fill
in
the File #2 with amounts.

Any Help Please???

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

It's easier if you they're each in their own column, so go back to using 3.

On Sheet1,
With color in A2 to A25,
Size in B2 to B25,
And count in C2 to C25

On Sheet2,
Size in A2 to A4,
And color starting in B1, and going out along Row 1 to T1 (19 colors).

Try this in B2:

=SUMPRODUCT((Sheet4!$A$2:$A$25=B$1)*
(Sheet4!$B$2:$B$25=$A2)*Sheet4!$C$2:$C$25)

And copy down to B4,
Then copy across to T1.
--
HTH,

RD

"ABC Seamless Wayne" wrote in
message ...

"RagDyer" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I apologize for not matching the sheet references in my formula to the sheet
references in my scenario.

You're welcome, and thanks for the feed-back.

RD

"ABC Seamless Wayne" wrote in
message ...

"RagDyer" wrote:

[...]

"RagDyer" wrote:

Is Red/12 in a *single* cell?

RD

Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit
!