Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Update source link in MANY files

I have about 85 excel files that point to 1 single source sheet. However,
each file may point to a different cell in the source, and the destination
cell is not always the same (ie A2)

I need to move the source to a different file path on the file server.
Is there an easier way to update all 85 file links, without having to open
each one, and re-point to the source file?

I have thought about a macro, however, as I said, each file may point to a
different cell, and the destination cell is not always the same.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

This may not be possible, but it really depends on the logic. As you say,
each 'file may point to a different cell'... Is it completely random or is
there some kind of logic involved? Is there a repeatable pattern? Think of
the answers to these questions and repost in the programming forum...you may
find an answer over there. You posted in the 'worksheet functions' area, and
as far as I know, a function will not allow you to do what you want to do.

Regards,
Ryan---

--
RyGuy