Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Countif Help

cell c2 = 80%

Column of data is c5:c27

I need to calculate the % of sales greater than the value in cell c2.

thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

This formula returns the percentage of values
in C5:C27 that are greater than the value in C2.
Note: it divides by the count of numeric values in C5:C27:

=COUNTIF(C5:C27,""&C2)/COUNT(C5:C27)

Format the result as Percent

Is that something you can work with?
--------------------------

Regards,

Ron
Microsoft MVP (Excel)
(XL2003, Win XP)

"Curtis" wrote in message
cell c2 = 80%

Column of data is c5:c27

I need to calculate the % of sales greater than the value in cell c2.

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks that worked

I need to now determine the % that fails within a range says between the
value in c2 and the value in d2

Thanks

"Curtis" wrote in message
cell c2 = 80%

Column of data is c5:c27

I need to calculate the % of sales greater than the value in cell c2.

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The formula was designed for a lower limit in C2 and an upper limit in D2.
If you haven't got the data arranged that way, and you have C2 and D2 as
limits that might be either way round, then replace C2 in the formula by
MIN(C2,D2), and replace the original occurrence of D2 in the formula by
MAX(C2,D2).
--
David Biddulph