Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
rdp rdp is offline

Default Text in last used cell in a column to another cell.

I need a formula that will allow me to show the text in the last cell of a
column in another cell at the top of that same column. I have found one that
works for numbers but not text.

Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this:

=LOOKUP(REPT("z",255),A;A)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"rdp" wrote in message
I need a formula that will allow me to show the text in the last cell of a
column in another cell at the top of that same column. I have found one
that
works for numbers but not text.

Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
rdp rdp is offline

I have run across one problem with what you gave me. When the cell in the
column has a formula in it the result is a blank cell. All is well as long
as there are no formula in the referenced cell. Help would be appreciated.