Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default MSN MoneyCentral Stock Quotes Add-in for excel

I have just purchased office 2007 and use excel 2007. I have been using the
MSN MoneyCentral stock quote add-in for years with excel 2003 with no
problems. I am now getting the following message when trying to insert stock
quotes or update quotes in excel 2007 -" "failed to add quotes to existing
worksheet..." and "the function that retrieves quotes failed"

I have put two notices on this site and the MSN discussion site and I have
made approximately 25 calls to Microsoft to try to get advice on the problem
but I have not received any technical support on the matter. I have been told
that I need to talk to MSN Money or MSN MoneyCentral but I cannot get
transferred to them? I have also followed all instructions on the following
website- office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/ha010346101033.aspx. It would be
helpfull if I could speak to technical support for the add-in but there does
not seem to be such a department. This could be a very simple problem and I
would appreciate any assistance or advice that anyone has. Thanks in advance.
--
Shooter
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I just switched to Office 2007 and wanted to use the stock quote insertion
add-in that I had been using in Excel 2003. Found nothing anywhere on how to
do it. The add-in page says the MSN add in is for Excel 2002 and 2003. I
downloaded it and installed it on my computer and it works! My old
spreadsheets with stock quote insertion functions now get current quotes in
Excel 2007. I suggest you reinstall the add in.