Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Applying a formula to a broad range of numbers.

How can I multiply all the numbers in my worksheet by 1,000 and have the
result display in the original cell?
--
Jane
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Format an empty cell the same as in the range you want to multiply,
put 1000 in the same cell, copy it, select the numbers and do
editpaste special and select multiply

Peo Sjoblom

"Jane" wrote in message
How can I multiply all the numbers in my worksheet by 1,000 and have the
result display in the original cell?
--
Jane

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

In a blank cell somewhere (away from where your numbers are) enter the
number 1000. Select the cell again and click <copy, then highlight
all the numbers you wish to change and click on Edit | Paste Special |
Values (check) | Multiply (check) | OK then <Esc.

You can then delete the 1000 from the original cell.

Hope this helps.

Pete