Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I fill every other line with a color?

How do I fill every other line with color in an excel spreadsheet without
doing it line by line?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

This will give you what you want:
http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/alternate-row-color.htm

Regards,
Ryan--

--
RyGuy

"deann" wrote:

How do I fill every other line with color in an excel spreadsheet without
doing it line by line?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

hi
use conditional formating.
If formula is......=mod(row(),2)
pick your color.

Regards
FSt1

"deann" wrote:

How do I fill every other line with color in an excel spreadsheet without
doing it line by line?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I give up. I've tried highlighting the section that I want every other line
filled with color, selecting conditional formatting, selecting formula 1,
typing in =mod(row(),2)=0, selecting my pattern color, clicking ok, and
clicking ok again. It's not working. I've even tried it without
highlighting the section first. Also tried it without using the =0 part of
the formula.

Poo poo on this. hahaha

"FSt1" wrote:

hi
use conditional formating.
If formula is......=mod(row(),2)
pick your color.

Regards
FSt1

"deann" wrote:

How do I fill every other line with color in an excel spreadsheet without
doing it line by line?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Select the number of rows to color...say 100.....then FormatConditional
FomattingFormula is

=MOD(SUBTOTAL(3,$A1:$A$2),2)=0 Format to a nice color.

This will retain the row formatting throughout sorting or filtering.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 27 Nov 2007 12:40:00 -0800, deann
wrote:

How do I fill every other line with color in an excel spreadsheet without
doing it line by line?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.CF.html£rows

--
---
HTH

Bob

UK Cambridge XL Users Conference 29-30 Nov
http://www.exceluserconference.com/UKEUC.html

"deann" wrote in message
How do I fill every other line with color in an excel spreadsheet without
doing it line by line?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JMB JMB is offline

Bob - your follow-up post ended up in a new thread. I included the contents
of your post for the OP:

Sorry should be http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.CF.html#rows