Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default calendar/schedule

Im in construction and I have an estimating/project management workbook. In
these workbooks, I have a project start date and estimated work days. When
these estimates actually turn into a job, i drop that file into a seperate
folder. I want to make a Master calendar on a seperate workbook that will
link all my jobs to it. For example, when a new job gets "dropped" into this
folder, the calendar workbook will automatically recognize this and add the
project name and file name to the corresponding dates. Seems like it would
be tricky, but do-able. Is there another office product that would work
better for me?
steve
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

This sounds like it would be doable in Excel, but only through Visual Basic
programming, which is a little beyond my expertise. Try reposting this in
the Excel programming section and see what response you get.

The program would not automatically "recognize" that you dropped the file
into the folder until Excel actually opens, but would probably OK, unless you
are doing some REALLY advanced stuff.