Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Lookup Values & Transpose

I have my source of data in Columns N, O, P and it looks like the following:

ColN ColO ColP
123A4567 x/xx/2007 $3.00
123A4567 x/xx/2008 $2.90
123A4567 x/xx/2009 $2.75
123A4567 x/xx/2010 $2.60
123A4567 x/xx/2011 $2.45
123A4567 x/xx/2012 $2.35
456N7890 x/xx/2007 $19.00
456N7890 x/xx/2008 $18.90
456N7890 x/xx/2009 $18.75
456N7890 x/xx/2010 $18.60
456N7890 x/xx/2011 $18.45
456N7890 x/xx/2012 $18.35

I have the individual part numbers in Col A already and would like to match
Column A to Column N and then take the price from Col P and place it in
Columns G thru L on that same line transposing the numbers $3.00 through
$2.35 The end result will look like this:

Col A ColB-F(not used) ColG ColH ColI ColJ ColK ColL
123A4567 $3.00 2.90 2.75 2.60 2.45 2.35

It would be nice to have a function that I can drag down the spreadsheet and
fill in everything. In some cases I may have thousands of rows to fill in
this format. If you need to know more let me know. Thanks alot in advance!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this:
A2: holds criteria

G2:
=IF(ISERR(SMALL(IF(ColN=$A2,ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&ROWS (ColP)))),COLUMNS($G:G))),"",INDEX(ColP,SMALL(IF(C olN=$A2,ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&ROWS(ColP)))),COLUMNS($G :G))))

ctrl+shift+enter, not just enter
copy across

"Walter" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I copied the formula into the G2 cell. Highlighted the formula and hit
ctrl+shift+enter which put "{}" these brackets around the whole formula and
then I copied it to all the cells. However, I am only pulling blanks...
What is this formula supposed to do?