Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
WKH WKH is offline

Default Formulas that calculate to errors on one computer but not on anoth

I am using an excel file that I've placed on a shared server folder. I
created the original file, Three other people have access to the file. When
information is enter into the cells from two of the three they get an $names
error message in the formualted cells. But, if I open it and look at the
cells they changed the caculation they entered appears correct on my
computer. The obvious thought is that we're using different versions of excel
or updates but we've check that and all on the same page. The physical
computers are a bit older, but I'm not sure that should effect Excel. We've
also made sure the box is checked to accept labels in the formulas. Here's a
sampling of the formula =IF(F6="",(""),IF(F6="AD or
Email",(WORKDAY(L6,-7,AB6:AN6)). This should roll out a date when you enter
"AD or Email" into cell F6 but the folks with the problems are getting
$names, while I'm seeing the date ( along with one of the other folks ).

Any thoughts or help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

ToolsAdd-ins, check Analysis Toolpak

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"WKH" wrote in message ...
|I am using an excel file that I've placed on a shared server folder. I
| created the original file, Three other people have access to the file. When
| information is enter into the cells from two of the three they get an $names
| error message in the formualted cells. But, if I open it and look at the
| cells they changed the caculation they entered appears correct on my
| computer. The obvious thought is that we're using different versions of excel
| or updates but we've check that and all on the same page. The physical
| computers are a bit older, but I'm not sure that should effect Excel. We've
| also made sure the box is checked to accept labels in the formulas. Here's a
| sampling of the formula =IF(F6="",(""),IF(F6="AD or
| Email",(WORKDAY(L6,-7,AB6:AN6)). This should roll out a date when you enter
| "AD or Email" into cell F6 but the folks with the problems are getting
| $names, while I'm seeing the date ( along with one of the other folks ).
|
| Any thoughts or help would be appreciated.
|
| Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
WKH WKH is offline

Default Formulas that calculate to errors on one computer but not on a

Thank you . This worked Perfect.

"WKH" wrote in message ...
|I am using an excel file that I've placed on a shared server folder. I
| created the original file, Three other people have access to the file. When
| information is enter into the cells from two of the three they get an $names
| error message in the formualted cells. But, if I open it and look at the
| cells they changed the caculation they entered appears correct on my
| computer. The obvious thought is that we're using different versions of excel
| or updates but we've check that and all on the same page. The physical
| computers are a bit older, but I'm not sure that should effect Excel. We've
| also made sure the box is checked to accept labels in the formulas. Here's a
| sampling of the formula =IF(F6="",(""),IF(F6="AD or
| Email",(WORKDAY(L6,-7,AB6:AN6)). This should roll out a date when you enter
| "AD or Email" into cell F6 but the folks with the problems are getting
| $names, while I'm seeing the date ( along with one of the other folks ).
|
| Any thoughts or help would be appreciated.
|
| Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
WKH WKH is offline

Thanks for the tip on the formula. That'll help me squeeze one more "if"
question into an already long formula.

"WKH" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The WORKDAY formula requires the Analysis Toolpak add-in be enabled under
ToolsAdd-ins

If you look up workday in help you would see that warning.

If this function is not available, and returns the #NAME? error, install and
load the Analysis ToolPak add-in.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP