RGayle_Imperial

Default How do you calc half day annual leave on a xls spread sheet using.

I am trying to create a spreadsheet showing annual leave in a workbook. I
have used countif to calc number of days. but how do i show half days using
formulas.

many thanks

Richard.Gayle
Bob Phillips

Richard,

I use a lower case l for half-day, upper-case L for a full-day and then
count them with

=SUMPRODUCT(--(ISNUMBER(FIND("L",D1:D20))))+=SUMPRODUCT(--(ISNUMBER(FIND("l"
,D1:D20))))/2

--

HTH

RP

"RGayle_Imperial" wrote in
message ...
I am trying to create a spreadsheet showing annual leave in a workbook. I
have used countif to calc number of days. but how do i show half days

using
formulas.

many thanks

Richard.Gayle

Jason Morin

Same concept as what Bob's given you, just shorter:

=SUMPRODUCT(ISNUMBER(FIND({"l","L"},D1:D20))*{0.5, 1})

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

.