Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Text Wrapping

This is so basic im embarrassed to ask but ive done this hundreds of times
before and no matter what, I cant get it working.

Ive a cell with text in it too long for the cell B5. Ive formatted the cell
to wrap text and used autofit but its displaying ######################.
The text is all there as i can see it in the editing tooblar when i click on
the cell.
I have other cells where i have the same issue and other cells where the
wrapping has worked properly. Its driving me mad. I can only assume there
is a limit to the max number of text in a cell? But im sure that ive done
more than this particualr cell that wont wrap before?
Thanks
Rob
--
Rob Gaffney
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I think the trick is to format the cell as General and not as Text.
Double-click the cell as if to edit (or press F2) after changing the
format, and then press Enter to bring about the change.

Hope this helps.

Pete