Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Displaying cell contents as part of a formula

I am setting up an "if" function that will display a few sentences of text
given a certain condition is true. This I was able to do with no problems,
but I want to do one more thing with this. Inside of the sentences of text I
want to display, I want to have it set up so that, inside of my text, it will
display the contents of a certain cell. For example, if the condition is
true, I want it to say something like: "This review is scheduled for [month]
and we will be discussing............" where [month] represents the month
typed into a different cell. Is it possible to add something like this
inside of sentences of text I am typing?

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"jazztalker" wrote in message
I am setting up an "if" function that will display a few sentences of text
given a certain condition is true. This I was able to do with no
problems,
but I want to do one more thing with this. Inside of the sentences of
text I
want to display, I want to have it set up so that, inside of my text, it
will
display the contents of a certain cell. For example, if the condition is
true, I want it to say something like: "This review is scheduled for
[month]
and we will be discussing............" where [month] represents the month
typed into a different cell. Is it possible to add something like this
inside of sentences of text I am typing?

Thanks!

="This review is scheduled for "&A1&" and we will be discussing............"
etc.
where A1 contains [month]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You can have something like this:

=IF(your_condition,"This review is scheduled for
"&TEXT(MONTH(A1),"MMMM")&" and we will be
discussing............","something else")

where A1 contains a date. If A1 just contains the name of the month,
and your sentences are similar in many cells, you could put:

X1: "This review is scheduled for " (without the quotes), and
Y1: " and we will be discussing " (without the quotes),

and then the formula becomes:

=IF(your_condition,$X$1&A1&$Y$1&"Christmas Presents","something else")

a lot less typing.

Hope this helps.

Pete