Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Auto-fill

I am trying to build a worksheet that will auto-fill from another worksheet
or data source. What I am really trying to do is an electronic order form.
I want to enter the model number and have the price and cube information auto
fill. Then add the quantity and have the total update as well.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

VLOOKUP formulas will pull the data to appropriate cells.

See Debra Dalgleish's site for more on VLOOKUP and Data
Validation lists for entering the choices.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlFunctions02.html

Note the section on using DV lists from another worksheet by naming the list.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 15 Nov 2007 12:55:01 -0800, mbottboulder
wrote:

I am trying to build a worksheet that will auto-fill from another worksheet
or data source. What I am really trying to do is an electronic order form.
I want to enter the model number and have the price and cube information auto
fill. Then add the quantity and have the total update as well.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Auto-fill follow-up

Ok, this worked great, thanks. I have since figured out that I need to add a
level of complexity to this. The price is actually dependent upon 2 factors
- the model number, and the fabric grade. So in the example above, model
1111 has 3 different prices depending on fabric grade a, b or c. How can I
get my lookup cell to look at 2 different variables?

wrote:

I am trying to build a worksheet that will auto-fill from another worksheet
or data source. What I am really trying to do is an electronic order form.
I want to enter the model number and have the price and cube information auto
fill. Then add the quantity and have the total update as well.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You could probably write an "IF" formula to bring the appropriate price.

Might be easier to create a dependent dropdown list that brings up the 3 choices
when you select model number from first list.

VLOOKUP on the choice from dependent list.

See Debra's site for "dependent lists".

Gord