Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default running total

I need to keep a running total of from one worksheet to the next. I make a
daily deposit record on seperate sheets every day, and I want a grand total
deposited for the month on each page. thanks Rachel
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=SUM(B:B)
where B is the column to be summed
tell us if this works for you
If not please be a little more specific
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Rachel" wrote in message
I need to keep a running total of from one worksheet to the next. I make a
daily deposit record on seperate sheets every day, and I want a grand
total
deposited for the month on each page. thanks Rachel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
PKK PKK is offline

I think what you mean is you have a different sheet for various entities. In
a column on each sheet, you have multiple row entries with various daily
deposits. Not only do you want to sum each line of the deposits on one
sheet, you want the total sum of each row of deposits and every sheet. If
this is correct, then you simply need to make sure that you are always
putting the deposit values in the same column on each different sheet.

For example, if you put the deposit date in column A on each sheet, and the
amount in column B in each sheet, then you would use a 3D reference and the
forumla would be:

=SUM(Sheet1:Sheet2!B:B)

Where sheet1 would be the first sheet or tab of deposits and Sheet 2 would
be the last sheet (you can have as many sheets as you like). Just make sure
that all the deposit sheets are next to each other in the workbook. Also,
make sure you don't put individual subtotals in column B of each sheet, or
this function will also add the subtotals.