Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default right-click on a control button and view code does nothing

I'm trying to find out what macro a button is running. I have the sheet
unprotected and design mode on but right-click does nothing and double-click
still runs the macro. Do I have an option set wrong or something?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Are you sure the button is form the Controls command bar not the Forms
command bar?

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Kate" wrote in message
I'm trying to find out what macro a button is running. I have the sheet
unprotected and design mode on but right-click does nothing and
double-click
still runs the macro. Do I have an option set wrong or something?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I'm not sure what kind of button it is. Is there a different method for
viewing what is being done by a forms button? All I know is that it runs a
macro but I can't figure out which one.

"Kate" wrote in message
I'm trying to find out what macro a button is running. I have the sheet
unprotected and design mode on but right-click does nothing and
double-click
still runs the macro. Do I have an option set wrong or something?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Is the workbook shared?
Is the worksheet protected?
Is the project protected?

"Kate" wrote in message
I'm trying to find out what macro a button is running. I have the sheet
unprotected and design mode on but right-click does nothing and
double-click
still runs the macro. Do I have an option set wrong or something?

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

no
no
no

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Is the workbook shared?
Is the worksheet protected?
Is the project protected?

"Kate" wrote in message
I'm trying to find out what macro a button is running. I have the sheet
unprotected and design mode on but right-click does nothing and
double-click
still runs the macro. Do I have an option set wrong or something?

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Click viewtoolbarscontrol toolbox, then click the triangular ruler to get
into design mode, now select and right click the button, do you get a menu
now?

Peo Sjoblom

"Kate" wrote in message
no
no
no

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Is the workbook shared?
Is the worksheet protected?
Is the project protected?

"Kate" wrote in message
I'm trying to find out what macro a button is running. I have
the sheet
unprotected and design mode on but right-click does nothing and
double-click
still runs the macro. Do I have an option set wrong or
something?

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I'm out of guesses based on the info you've provided.

Kate wrote:

no
no
no

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Is the workbook shared?
Is the worksheet protected?
Is the project protected?

"Kate" wrote in message
I'm trying to find out what macro a button is running. I have the sheet
unprotected and design mode on but right-click does nothing and
double-click
still runs the macro. Do I have an option set wrong or something?

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

nope. I do that and nothing happens.

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

Click viewtoolbarscontrol toolbox, then click the triangular ruler to get
into design mode, now select and right click the button, do you get a menu
now?

Peo Sjoblom

"Kate" wrote in message
no
no
no

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Is the workbook shared?
Is the worksheet protected?
Is the project protected?

"Kate" wrote in message
I'm trying to find out what macro a button is running. I have
the sheet
unprotected and design mode on but right-click does nothing and
double-click
still runs the macro. Do I have an option set wrong or
something?

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

me too...thank you for the effort

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

I'm out of guesses based on the info you've provided.

Kate wrote:

no
no
no

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Is the workbook shared?
Is the worksheet protected?
Is the project protected?

"Kate" wrote in message
I'm trying to find out what macro a button is running. I have the sheet
unprotected and design mode on but right-click does nothing and
double-click
still runs the macro. Do I have an option set wrong or something?

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"Dave Peterson" wrote:
I'm out of guesses based on the info you've provided.

Kate wrote:

no
no
no

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Is the workbook shared?
Is the worksheet protected?
Is the project protected?

"Kate" wrote in message
I'm trying to find out what macro a button is running. I have the sheet
unprotected and design mode on but right-click does nothing and
double-click
still runs the macro. Do I have an option set wrong or something?

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson- Hide quoted text -

Depending on how complicated the spreadsheet is, you can view all the
macros by right clicking on the tab name and choosing "View Code".
This will pull up all the macros associated with that particular tab.
This would be a last resort thing since if there are a lot of macros
associated with that tab, it could be hard to find the macro specific
to that button. If you're lucky, whoever wrote it, would have named
it with something to give you a clue as to what function it performs
when it's run and you might be able to locate the macro.

Good luck!

Dorothy