Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default AutoFilter Unavailable?

Why would auto filter be greyed out? I have never seen that happen before,
and I use autofilter all the time! Thanks - Julie
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Check that the worksheet is not protected.

Julieeeee wrote:
Why would auto filter be greyed out? I have never seen that happen before,
and I use autofilter all the time! Thanks - Julie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Sheet protected?

More than one sheet selected? As in [group] mode in Title bar?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 12:15:00 -0800, Julieeeee
wrote:

Why would auto filter be greyed out? I have never seen that happen before,
and I use autofilter all the time! Thanks - Julie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I can't think of anything else.

Hang in.........someone may come up with an answer.

Gord

wrote:

Why would auto filter be greyed out? I have never seen that happen before,
and I use autofilter all the time! Thanks - Julie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Do you have a workbook open? Autofilter won't work if you don't have
at least one workbook/worksheet open.

--JP

On Nov 13, 3:15 pm, Julieeeee
wrote:
Why would auto filter be greyed out? I have never seen that happen before,
and I use autofilter all the time! Thanks - Julie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Possible, right?

Also, check Tools Menu, Options

On the View tab, Objects section, select "Show All" or "Show
Placeholders"

HTH,
JP

On Nov 14, 1:26 pm, "Peo Sjoblom" wrote:
Are you serious?

Peo Sjoblom

oups.com...

wrote:
Why would auto filter be greyed out? I have never seen that happen
before,
and I use autofilter all the time! Thanks - Julie- Hide quoted text -