Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Is there any way to round to the nearest 1/8, 1/4, etc in Excel.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Lisa,

Use the MROUND() function. If you get a #NAME error: ToolsAdd-ins, check Analysis Toolpak

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"Lisa" wrote in message

Yes. You multiply by 8, 4, etc., then round normally (to nearest integer),
then divide by 8, 4, etc.
So, for example,
=ROUND(8*A1,0)/8

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Firstly, try asking the question in the body of the message rather than just
in the subject line.

Secondly, have you looked at Format/ Cells/ Fractions? [But that would just
change the display, so if you wanted to change the value you'd need the
"Precision as Display" option, which is dangerous if you forget that you've
applied it.]

A better option would be =MROUND(A1,0.125) or =MROUND(A1,0.25) [and you
could couple that with formatting as a fraction if you want it displayed
that way].
--
David Biddulph

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

See

http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.Rounding.html
Rounding In Excel - Techniques

--
---
HTH

Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 07:42:05 -0800, Lisa
wrote:

=ROUND(A1*8,0)/8

and format the cell as fraction with up to one digit
--ron