Alec Shaw

Default Duplicated Spreadsheet

Excel created a duplicate spreadsheet. When opening the spreadsheet I now
have 2 versions both within the original spreadsheet. (named Sheet 1 & Sheet
2). Whatever I do in the one sheet duplicates in the other. How do you get
rid of the second unwanted sheet?
Myrna Larson

Do you see [Group] in the title bar? If so, right-click on one of the sheet
tabs at the bottom of the screen and select UnGroup.

On Mon, 7 Mar 2005 20:39:01 -0800, Alec Shaw <Alec
wrote:

Excel created a duplicate spreadsheet. When opening the spreadsheet I now
have 2 versions both within the original spreadsheet. (named Sheet 1 & Sheet
2). Whatever I do in the one sheet duplicates in the other. How do you get
rid of the second unwanted sheet?

Debra Dalgleish

If you choose WindowNew, another window in the same workbook will open,
and the windows are numbered.

To close the extra window, click the lower of the two X buttons in the
upper right corner of the screen (don't click the top X button, as that
will close Excel). There are instructions (and a picture) he

http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#TwoWindows

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List